Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our trip to the Rock


So the other weekend we made it up to good old San Juan for a visit. Shane took of monday and we were able to visit for three days. It was nice. The island is one of those places that no matter how long you are gone, as soon as you step foot there it feels like you never left. We werent able to make it to see everyone we wanted to. Its kind of hard when you only have about 2 and a half days and you want to spend as much time with your fam as you can...while trying to make time too see your friends also.

On Saturday we went to the Children's fair. Its an interactive "fair" they do for the kids on the island...with classes about safety and such stuff. Rylend got to meet Officer McGruff for the first time and couldnt take his eyes off of him! He was like "WOW! Thats a BIG puppy!" We wandered around, saw some people, then found a cute mermaid booth and took his pic in that too. The hair tickled his face and he couldnt stop laughing! It was wayyy cute...


Saturday night we were able to get together with some of our friends. It was sooo nice seeing them again. I really wish they could visit us more too...but money is very tight I know. Still, we had fun chatting and remembering fun memories.

My dad babysat Rylend later and we were able to all go see Wolverine. It was a pretty good movie! I think I am biased though just because I think Hugh Jackman is very yummy...haha!
And look! A nice pic of just Shane and I (in line for the movie) I know...its rare. Mostly because I am usually in my pj messy hair getup and pics of Rylend are WAY cuter. But I do like this one.


Sunday was nice and relaxing. We just spent time with my family, went out to see my grandma, then relaxed. Its easy to forget exactly HOW cute my little nieces and nephew are...but as soon as I see them I remember VERY easy. Aly was all over me all weekend, giving me hugs and wanting to play with Rylend who is her "best buddy." After being shy at first, Breken was all about playing "BOO!" with "nenni nenni nenni" and shelby finally gave me a hug without me having to steal it.



On monday we tried to squeeze in a few more visits while spending time with my mom too (it was her day off yay!) It was sad to have to leave. I really do miss my family and friends on the Rock, alot. If I had the money (and patience for that car ride) I would be visiting WAY more often...but for now I guess blogging will have to do. Sigh...


The car ride home was LOOOONG. Traffic was bad and Rylend didnt like his seat anymore. He finally passed out for about an hour...but that was it. He basically didnt sleep all weekend and ended up getting a cold. We had an angry tired sick baby on our hands and he is still suffering from that dang runny nose! At a rest stop (we had to stop for a VERY stinky diaper) Rylend decided HE wanted to drive the car...it was cute.



Overall it was a nice visit. I was VERY tired by the time we got home, but I had a ton of fun seeing everyone again. Till next time!! LOve you all!!

1 comment:

Afton said...

You are really good at taking pictures of yourself. The one of you and Shane at the movie theater is great. Every time I try and take the picture of myself it turns out horrible. I guess I need more practice.