Friday, May 1, 2009

MEGA Update #3 - First Zoo visit!

This last weekend my brother Herbie came to visit with his wife and two little kids. I was way happy to see them. I love living in Oregon, but I do miss my family a TON, especially my two nieces and nephew who are all WAY too cute. We met up with them at the zoo. Aly (my niece) saw me and came running into my arms. Man I love her. Little Breken (it was his second birthday!) was tired and shy, but as soon as we entered the zoo, you could see him getting more excited.

We had fun, even though the weather was overcast and drizzling, half the animals were hiding, and the zoo was doing construction. Sadly we weren't able to see ALL the animals because of this, but the few we saw were fun. Its amazing how much more exciting things like the zoo become when you are with little kids. Rylend LOVED it. We were sad we werent able to go see the cats, since Rylend is IN LOVE with cats right now, but he loved seeing the fish, birds, elephants and penquins.

Shane and I decided that we need to go back to the zoo OFTEN this summer. Its cheap and full of animals. Plus it was just so nice to have a day out with family, goofing off and enjoying eachother outside. Ah, the joys of warm weather...we all emerge from hibernation!










We had TONS of fun and cant wait to go back and see the rest of the animals !

No comments: