Friday, September 12, 2008

oh yeah...I am now 22!

Oops..ok...on August 31 I turned 22. Yay! Well, it was a nice birthday. We went to church...then had dinner with Shane's family at CHANGS MONGOLIAN GRILL!!! Other than Sushi Town, Chang's is my other FAVORITE restaurant. It is soooo good. Its one of those places that you dish up your food, then they cook it right in front of you. Mmmmm so good with plum sauce. If I had the money, we would eat there at least once a week.
Its kind of sad, thinking about birthdays. Remember the times when you were young and you could literally FEEL the day coming the whole month before? Like, the air seemed to glitter and everything seemed so much more brighter and exciting as you felt the day come closer. Then when it finally hit, you would wake up so excited. It was your birthday! No chores for the day, a party, cake, presents, friends...it is so hard to describe the feeling of those days. Now...its the same old day. No butterfly anticipations. No glittering light or huge birthday bash. We still did the cake, but the presents were gone. The party was just family. The day was just another day with taking care of my family, going to church...I woke up and just went "oh, its my birthday" then shrugged. Dotn get me wrong. I still had a great day. We all had fun together and all...I just miss the carefree its my day the world is amazing birthdays of childhood. Ah...being an adult...

(Here we are on my birthday, just before we left for church.)

1 comment:

kandra said...

Isn't that the truth? Man, being an adult sucks money butt ;)