Wednesday, March 17, 2010

All about Rylend, the update


I haven't been very good at updating this blog lately...sorry about that! I'm not sure how many of you are reading it, but I like to think I am keeping someone out there updated. This entry will be about *drumroll* Rylend!

Can you believe he will be two in just about 2 weeks? Its just crazy. I can't believe how big he is getting! And smart too. VERY smart. People we meet all think he is at least three. Even my doc, who just met him for the first time today, was surprised to hear he wasn't even two yet. My little man is now fitting into most 4t shirts, and 3t pants. Almost size 9 shoes...crazy crazy.


He is really talking more too. The other day he was hiding in the cupboard under the tv (he thinks its a fort) and I was asking him questions. He kept answering "No" and "Um...no" so I asked "Why do you keep saying no?" His response? "I not sayin no!" Oh my... sadly though, he is also very much so, full blown, in his terrible twos. I have been at wits end too many times to count now. Temper tantrums, demanding, refusing to nap, screeching... I can't wait for this phase to GO AWAY, ha.


Then he does something cute, and I remember why I love him. His new ritual? Every morning he wakes up, then comes into our room. Climbs into our bed and snuggles down between us, says "nigh night" then dozes back off for a bit with us. I love it. I wake up finally to him saying "oh mama" all loving, hugging me, then jumping on the bed. Its a nice start. With Shane's new work schedule, he is home in the mornings. So now the boys have breakfast together as mommy rests a little more. They have found the joy in building forts with blankets and giggle inside together, its quite cute. Then I come out of the room "mama!" and a happy boy running to hug me...most days.



Rylend obsessions? Lately it has been "Ty-ee" (Thomas the steam engine), "Caws" (Pixar's Cars), "Buzzy" (Toy Story), and of course "Ah-mee" (Walle). He has some shoes with Thomas on them, and runs around carrying them yelling "Ty-ee Ty-eeeee!" Also, he has started to grab my hand, then hold it tight as he pulls me to his room. Then he makes me sit down and we HAVE to play with all his toys. Today he pulled me in, sat me on his bed, then said "shh" and walked out of the room shutting the door. Whenever I tried to leave, he pushed me back in and shut the door again, saying "shh" I guess it was my nap time...


He is quite an amazing little boy. He knows where the baby is (pats and blows raspberries on my belly), yells "I did it!" everytime he does anything, and is already ready to great anyone with a hi and share big hugs. My little man...getting big! And before we know it, he will have a little brother to teach all of his "darling" tricks to.

No comments: