Friday, February 12, 2010

24 weeks





Today marks 24 weeks pregnant! I cant believe I am now 6 months along...its crazy! I dont really have much new to report since my last post. I see my doc again in a few weeks. Until then, just feeling this little guy squirm and move around. And watching my belly slowly grow bigger and bigger. I am to that lovely point where I go to bed and can't fall asleep until about midnight or one. Then I wake up every time I want to change position. Then I have to go to the bathroom. Then...sigh I feel like I never sleep. And I never know during the day if Rylend will nap that day or not. I am pretty worn out.
Oh! But at least some good news, for once. Shane got his promotion at work. Its a small raise once he is trained...and new hours. He will be home during the early part of the day and working at night now. We are excited for the change and hopeful money increase...but I will miss him. We went in the other day to apply for food stamps. Yes, we are at that point. Can you believe this? We BARELY qualified. Like...we are right at the cut off line. So the help we are getting is barely anything...I hate this cut off line. They seem to only help the people who dont work at all, and rarely help the ones who are TRYING to work, just not earning enough. But a little is still something...I guess.
Ever since we set up Rylend's big kid bed, we have made it a night time routine to say family prayer before he goes to sleep. And he loves it. He jumps into his bed and Shane and I kneel on the floor by it. We take turns saying it every other night, and Rylend folds his arms, bows his head, and is very quiet until we say amen. I love it. The other day I was at the computer and he was playing with some toys in the living room. Suddenly he ran over to me and made me fold my arms. Then he folded his, bowed his head, and glanced at me. I got the hint and said a quick, small prayer. After I finished he looked at me, smiled, said "Amen!" then ran off to play again. Its moments like those that your heart melts. I will be sad when our routine changes and Shane isn't home anymore for night time prayer. But we have decided we will start morning prayer once the change happens. I love it. I love my little family.

Ok, here are my 24 week preggo pics for all those of you who wanna see the bulge!


1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

If it makes you feel any better...I was that size at 4 months. I think you look beautiful, no doubt about it!