Thursday, April 2, 2009

The brace is GONE! YAY!




Well, we went in for Rylend's check up today. He was super happy, playing with the toys in the office and smiling at the other babies and patients there. Then it was time for the xray. The nurse was super nice and let him touch the buttons of the machine and look at it...but as soon as it was time to lay down with the lead vest on and be held still...he lost it. Let me tell you, this kid can scream. There was only room for one of us, so Shane stayed in with him (strong daddy can hold him still better than mommy who wants to pick up the baby and comfort him...) and as I stood right outside the door, a nurse walked by and said with a smile "Aw, are they picking on him?"

When my boys came back out, Rylend looked at me then smiled, holding out the stickers the nurse had given him. Aw!!

Well, we saw the doc and...his leg is better! New bone has grown around the old, splinting in what is left of the fracture. So we got the go ahead to stop using the brace and to just make sure he doesnt do anything crazy...like falling off a couch with his leg caught haha. We went out to the hall to look at another computer that had the images of his first xray (the docs at St. Vincent never let us see the images of the break) and as the doc was showing us where the fracture was a nurse came by and snuck a few more stickers into Rylend's pocket. Aw, I think all the nurses there had a crush on the little man.






Anyway, Rylend is already SUPER happy that the brace has been packed away. The last week has been a major wrestling match of brace vs. Rylend and I wont miss it at all! When we got home I wanted to give Rylend something for being so good at the doc's today. I always thought it was nice when a kid got rewarded for being good for the doc, other than screaming and biting. So I grabbed one of the two presents Shane and I got for him for his bday tomorrow and gave it to him. No worries, he has other presents from family, so I thought we could sacrifice one of ours for a reward.

Its a little puzzle with animals...had to get it because it has a cat on it and Rylend is OBSESSED with cats! I set him on the floor with it in front of him...and for the rest of the evening he was consumed! He is such a smart and curious kid...he would pick up each piece, look at it, look at where it came from...try to put them back...I took some pics and videos. I will put one of the videos on here. I love it...he tries to do the puzzle by putting all the pieces on the board at once...haha!



I love my kid and cant wait for tomorrow! Just think...this time last year I was in the hospital, in labor, just a few hours away from pushing...just a few more hours away from holding my amazing baby boy for the first time ever...Time flies.

No comments: