Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Last Few Weeks...

Holiday season seems to make time spin by faster than ever. Here I was a few weeks ago...posting about the Santa visit...now its almost halfway through January and I am finally back on here! Ok...sorry for the lack of detail...but here is a run down of the last few weeks!

CHRISTMAS
It is so great having Christmas with a little kid in the house. Ok ok...so Rylend was more confused than excited. He couldn't understand why mom and dad were setting objects in front of him and LETTING him tear it apart. Rylend kept giving us a look like "Are you crazy!? Make up your minds!!"
But it was still a ton of fun. He got a huge bundle of new toys and goodies. Let me tell you, "big kid" toys are such a life saver. The "baby" toys he had before were long past boring him, and now he is so intrigued with the new goodies that he literally squeals when he sees them!
We cant's wait for next year and the years to come, when he comes to understand Christmas more and more and the excitement of Santa bubbles over. This is way too much fun.
Here are a few pics from Christmas!








FAMILY PICS
After Christmas we all went and had new family pics taken. This Merritt clan is getting HUGE! Its funny when we all go walking in there, you can almost here the poor photographer sigh with instant exhaustion. There is now 12 people in this family...and it still has some way to grow! Rylend had a ton of fun. (of course, he is already VERY used to paparazzi haha!) Here are the pics!







NEW YEARS

So....nothing exciting here. Really. Shane's family was gone for the week, taking Cameron to the MTC. Yup! He has left for his two year mission to AUSTRALIA. We will miss him...it will be quiet...er without him. So Shane and I went up to their house to cuddle with the pets and enjoy a Matrix night. It was fun. We welcomed in the new year, not with a ball drop, but with "there is no spoon" action...ha! Then after midnight struck, we watched neighbors and people all over the Beaverton/Hillsboro area (they live on a hill with a great view) light of tons of fireworks. Nice and relaxing.


FRIDAY HARBOR
On the 2nd Rylend and I went up to the island to visit. Riding the train for 6 hours with a 9 month old who refuses to nap...I wont do it again. Shane couldnt get the time off to come too, so I had to bite through and try to find ways to keep him quiet enough so as not to drive my co-passengers too batty. When we finally got off, one of the ladies came up to and gave me a nice compliment. "I just wan you to know you are the best mom! You kept your cool the whole time with this little boy. He is very lucky to have you!" It was very nice to hear...but if only she had heard what was going through my head the last 6 hours...ha! Mommy's secret...
The visit was nice. I got to see my family and most of my friends for the week. Rylend adored watching his three cousins up there run all over the place (two are almost 2 and one is almost 4...) He quickly and easily became in total love with his PopPop (my dad). I even got to see my friend Jessie's baby girl Theresa (three months old!), watch the dress rehearsal for the HS play "Grease" (they are amazing...of course!) and enjoy a much desired SUSHI NIGHT...I miss those a ton.
Sucky part....RAIN.
So I was booked to leave on the train thursday morning. So of course wednesday night it really starts to rain. And rain. And for kicks...rain some more. Before you know it, just south of Seattle is flooded. They cancel ALL trains...close off I-5 and basically all surrounding areas... So I was stuck on the island for two more days.
This was the longest I had been away from Shane since...um...we started dating? And Rylend had never NOT seen daddy for more than a day...so come Friday we were both READY to go home. But travel arrangements are hard to make... So Shane and Zach decide it would be fun to make a road trip to Anacortes and pick us up at the ferry Saturday morning. Yay! We got home late Saturday afternoon and I LOVE being home!
I miss my family and friends there alot. I wish they would come and visit me...someday. It kind of feels like they all expect us to go there but will never make the same effort to come HERE. Its not that far... I wish they would.
Here are some pics!




So now I am home. Happy. VERY TIRED. And have updated you all. I will do more later! NIGHT!!!

No comments: