Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello Santa!

Yesterday we bundled up in warm clothes to brave the winter snow storm we have been having. All for the new adventure of...meeting Santa! I think I was more excited than anyone else about this. We drove over to the Cedal Hills Mall and met up with Kelsey and Jayden there...then in we went!
Luckily we got there early so the line hadn't had a chance to grow too long. Even standing in line was fun. All the moms were chatting and all the kids were staring. Rylend was smiling at everyone and completely enjoying all the attention and "aw how cute!" comments coming his way. Then our chance came.
We went up to Santa and Daddy held Rylend in his lap to meet him. Rylend just stared like "whats up with all the red?" until Santa pulled out a teddy bear and started playing. Rylend loved it and started to giggle and smile.


So onto Santa's lap he went!
I was actually nervous to see how he would react. Like most of you know, the first Santa visit usually seems to consist of pure terror and crying...
But here my kid is, cuddled onto Santa's lap, smiling for everyone! There was alittle knob on the chair that he was FASCINATED with, so we had to keep diverting his attention back to us...but other than that he was happy and content with the whole experience. When we picked him back up, he wouldnt stop staring at Santa, like "Hey wait..I forgot to tell you what I want!" Shane did call it though...we got one pic where he is staring RIGHT at the big white beard like "WHAT is that??" Ha!


1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Hi Jenni-

I am so excited that yu have a blog! And I read the first page so far - great writing. I have added you to my list so I can keep up with what's going on in your world...and to get to know you a little better in the process.
:D