Thursday, December 4, 2008

8 months old!

It has been a long time since I last posted. What with chasing after this little boy and trying to keep my home in order, I just havent thought much about this blog. But for you all to know, we are doing great. Money is tight...very tight. But we are happy and still have enough in our bank for bills.


Rylend...
Wow this kid is amazing. I know you read about my saying that all the time, but it is true. I cant believe my little man is 8 months old now! He is an EXPERT at crawling. I love it when he gets excited and speed crawls to us...so cute! He has also taken to standing up against EVERYTHING. Even if it is too tall or short...he finds a way to use it to stand. He hasnt really tried to walk along things much. When he does, he gets stuck and falls over...which is cute too. When we try to help him walk, he always ends up and dropping to his knees like "hey, crawling is easier!"


A couple weeks ago two more teeth came in. Now he has his top two and bottom two...like a little turtle! There is a gap between his two top teeth and his smile is even CUTER now...if that is possible! Along with that, his vocabulary now consists of " mama" "dada" "hi" "baba" and "nana"
Shane and Rylend have a cute little game they play now too. Shane will shake his head back and forth, yelling. Then he stops, looks at Rylend...and Rylend does it back...then looks at Daddy. Now its gotten to the point that RYLEND starts the game with almost anyone..play with me!
We just had to pack away his beloved walker. It has risen as tall as it will go...and he is too tall for it. He isnt happy...but it was making it so he was walking funny and wasnt helping anymore. Sigh...


Along with all of this, Rylend laughs even more now, pays SO much attention to everything I am just waiting for him to say something like "mom, no...THIS is how you do it!" and almost everyone who sees him falls inlove. I can see why. God must have really loved us to send us this child. He is so smart and funny...though I do hate waking up at 7 am every day...dealing with his whines and woes because thats the only way he can communicate...not being able to just go somewhere...I would NEVER trade it in EVER for anything else.

Christmas is in just a few weeks. I cant wait to see him open his presents and experience the holiday. We will only be able to buy him one gift it looks like...but that doesnt matter. Even watching him open that one gift will be amazing.

1 comment:

Afton said...

What a darling little boy! He looks like such a happy little boy. I didn't realize you were back in the area...I'd love to see you sometime.