Sunday, December 20, 2009

Here comes Santa Clause!


We went yesterday (saturday) to see Santa. My friend Jessie was visiting for the weekend with her hubby Ian and little girl Theresa (T is 6 months younger than Rylend). We thought it would be fun to all see Santa together. So after breakfast we bundled everyone up and headed over to the Cedar Hills mall.
So...Rylend...is such a little boy. He saw the OTHER kids running around, so just HAD to do that himself. And when we wouldn't let him run amok and tear everything apart...the world ended and the temper tantrums broke out. Oh my...it finally got to the point where I walked around the mall with Rylend as Shane stood in line with our friends. After walking for some time, a very wet diaper change, and more angry "Im not getting my way" crying...it was our turn to see Santa.

I was pretty nervous he would be a little hellion for the man. Last year we got such a cute pic...and I thought for sure this year it would be the red faced anger snapshot.

But, AMAZINGLY, right as we walked up to Santa, Rylend smiled and got super sweet. He said hi, then we put him in Santa's lap and stepped back for the pics. Rylend flashed his teeth, said "CHEESE!", giggled, smiled at Santa...even blew him kisses as we walked away. Then, as soon as we were out of Santa's sight...the boy went nuts again. One old man smiled and I heard him say "That kid is ALL boy!" I think Rylend sensed that Santa is the man you have to be good for...dont want to be on THAT naughty list! It was pretty cute...though I was pretty worn out after!

Christmas is here in a few days! Rylend keeps eyeing the few presents we do have out...I cant wait! Ok, here are the pics! :)


1 comment:

kandra said...

We tried to see Santa at our ward chrimstas party and Brandon wanted nothing to do with it. He said 'ta-tu' (thank you) for the candy and ran away. No smiles and he wouldn't let go of me while he briefly sat on Santa's lap. We're going to try again at the mall this week though! :)